Monday, August 10, 2009

From my Point of View

You know those days when you are stuck at work, or at home, and you really just want to leave? You know what I am talking about, when you've got the this-really-sucks-I-am-about-to-go-out-of-my-mind-blues, and you are just stickity stuck and there is nothing you can do, and all you want is to play hooky and meet a friend and sit in the park, or maybe go shopping.

This was not one of those days. This was one of those days when one friend says, "This sucks." And the other friend says, "Yeah, let's get out of here." And the first friend says, "Ok! I'll pop the kids in the car and drive for 2 hours, and we will have a fabulous time instead." And you do.



And the view is wonderful.

And so is the park.

And you are so glad that you did not do the logical, boring, practical, conscientious thing, which was to stay right where you were and suffer. You are so glad that you did the spontaneous, impractical thing instead.

1 comment:

Erin Joy said...

It was truly an awesome day. YOU are awesome! I'm so glad we got together. Truly it was the right decision to make!