Friday, August 7, 2009



I love the weekend. I especially love Fridays, the start of my three day weekend. This one started gorgeous and overcast, and I got to pull on jeans, and socks, and regular old shoes. Who would ever guess that you could get sick of sandals? Also, my absolute favorite cashmere cardigan became necessary which is definitely a plus.

Of course, then errands and cleaning the house demolished my free time, and boring purchases like printer ink took out my paycheck. But I did get to make soup for dinner. Soup is quite possibly my favorite food group, not to be confused with my favorite food (homegrown tomatoes, no contest) and a good summer veggie is high on the list.


And I did get the printer ink because I need to print out the quilt pattern that I downloaded from Posie gets Cozy. This is only fitting because it is all her fault that I suddenly have an unprecedented and urgent need to make my first ever quilt. Look at this, can you blame me?
Unfortunately, the only item required to make a quilt that is actually in my possession, is a sewing machine. Important, I know, but still... actually, as of today, that is not entirely true. Today I acquired a quilt pattern, and a rotary cutter and mat. One step closer. I will keep you posted. Don't be impatient with me. I am quite low on things like time.

1 comment:

Erin Joy said...

Cute shoes! There's a song here: "Only two thing money can't buy, and that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."