Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a Woman Wants

So, not having seen the movie, I am reading Julie and Julia. I have heard that Amy Adams is saccharine sweet in the role of Julie, and I just want you all to know that the Julie in the book is not particularly sweet. She is in fact, very real, and dirty mouthed, and rather naughty. I like her a lot. She also has a fascination with Buffy the Vampire Slayer to which I can relate and as a result, all I want to do is sit and watch old Buffy episodes and knit. I have, at the moment exactly 5 projects that I want to be knitting. Simultaneously. And not for the first time it occurs to me how handy it would be to have eight arms like that goddess. Shiva, I looked it up. The Hindu goddess also called, "The Auspicious One." I'll take it.

Now we all know that what a woman wants is a supernaturally long life, unfading beauty, boundless funds, a beautiful man who is completely devoted to us, a loving family, and the ability to protect the ones we love from all harm, forever. Oh, and not having to sleep would be great too. We know this because of the seemingly infinite popularity of the Twilight series, not just with the screaming teen masses, but also with their mothers and aunties. Anyone who thinks this craze is all about that Pattinson kid is a moron. I dare them to read the last book of the series and tell me that Stephanie Myers didn't reach right into the female mind and dredge up her impossible dreams. But barring that, I'll take eight arms.

1 comment:

Erin Joy said...

I'm with you - though I rather enjoy being able to sleep. Especially these days now that the kids both mostly sleep through the night! Maybe what I need is one of those time-turners from Harry Potter...