Sunday, January 9, 2011

Two projects, One Day


Yep, you read that right. Two Projects. I am only going to show you one today, though. So don't get greedy.


This is my Spiderweb Cowl, so called because of this amazing yarn which fades from dark gray to light. The pattern is called Fayfay, and was found on Ravelry. It was intended to be a scarf, but this morning I suddenly decided that it would be great as a cowl, and behold it was the PERFECT LENGTH. All I had to do was cast off and sew it together. I flipped the edges and made it into a mobius, which gave it a great shape. The Fayfay pattern is full of drop stitches which are fidgety and I do not love. But, the look is very modern and fun.


3 comments:

Erin Joy said...

Oooh, two in one day - how ambitious of you! I'm thoroughly impressed. The spiderweb effect is rad - I remember when we got that yarn! Memories...

Anonymous said...

Had not visited in a while. So nice to see you having time to post again. Love all the photos of your projects. As your friends say, you are so talented.
Mom

Lynda said...

Love it and love the drop stitches. Love the yarn - looks like the sky outside heavy with rain clouds.